, ,

Mesa Filipino Moderne

5/12/2017


When MESA opened its doors to SM City Gensan, my tummy leaped with joy as I’ve heard a lot of great feedback from their Greenbelt 5 branch, in my brief stay in Makati a few years back. Mesa Gensan is their 23rd branch in the Philippines and I was lucky to have been invited over so I could sink my fangs into their mouth watering modern Filipino dishes. 

The upscale homey ambiance brought by the lights and ‘caves' made out of bamboo surely made the dining experience more enjoyable, along with their bamboo inspired cutlery and glass (that was tilted side ways, like a diagonally cut bamboo) which I find quite surreal. They have function rooms available, perfect for meeting or huge family gatherings.

Mesa, exudes a dining destination where every customer can enjoy, good service, fresh cooked meals with no MSG and locally sourced ingredients, altogether in an intimate folksy environment.

When the dishes came in, I was first awed with their enticing presentation, followed by the captivating smell which boosted my appetite even more! First had the Tawilis with mango and Lumpiang tinapa, which I both find interestingly good even if I am not very fond of eating fish. Next, the Pomelo salad with latik, I enjoyed the explosion of tangy pomelo and creamy latik flavours overtime I chew. Then the Pork and Bangus sinigangs, which came rolling on top of a trolley, which both dishes reflected the right amount sour and savoury taste of how sinigang should be.

For those who’re info fish dishes you’d definitely enjoy the Pinakbet with bangus belly and the Salt crusted apahap that has a bit of showmanship to it, I bet your mouths would water as you bask on its briny scent, as their waiters carve off the rock salt, revealing the embedded steaming apahap fish inside.

I’m not used to eating duck but I would say that their Patotim was on point, with its rich sauce and texture. I had sigarillias for the first time, as I’m very picky with my vegetables, and I don’t know whether to say its good or what, because I have no idea what its supposed to taste like, so I’d let you be the judge on that, and tell me all about it once you do.

Alas! Last but most certainly not the least, my favourites, Prawns with salted egg, Brazed beef and the Binagoongan baboy ni Kaka. I highly recommend these dishes that got me to ask for another cup of rice which made me forget about my diet.

All in all, my experience with MESA was delightful. The prices, servings, ambiance, service is downright impressive.

Something to look forward next month, they’ll be serving a tuna dish specially made for Generals. 


Mesa Filipino Moderne
Fountain Court, Ground Floor, SM City General Santos, San Miguel St, General Santos City, 9500



Phone: 0917 327 6372


Tawilis with Mango
Binagoongan na baboy ni Kaka
Braised Beef
Patotim
Pinakbet with bangus belly
Pomelo salad with latik
Salt crusted apahap
Yum yum yum!!! Prawns with salted egg
Sigarilias
Pork sinigang

Sinigang na Bangus
Something to look forward next month, they’ll be serving a tuna dish specially made for Generals. All in all, my experience with MESA was delightful. The prices, servings, ambiance, service is downright impressive. 
Mesa Filipino Moderne, Fountain Court, Ground Floor, SM City General Santos, San Miguel St, General Santos City, 9500 Phone: 0917 327 637

Photos taken with Samsung NX3000 [No edits]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Instagram

Twitter

Shop